In 1475 the church was built as a monastery for the Dominican monks but a century later, when the Lutheran religion was introduced it was abandoned.
In 1718 during the Counter-Reformation, the Ursuline nuns from Pojon (a Slovak town) arrived in Sibiu
; they took over the buildings of the former Dominican monastery and turned them into a church and a girl school. The former gothic church was restored in a baroque style with numerous elements still visible today.
In the communist days the church was nationalised but since 1992 they have been holding Greek-catholic sermons in it.